Phone: +41 44 255 39 68
Prof. Dr. med. Peter Schmid-Grendelmeier, LA
In allergology and immunology lab a large
selection of mono-specific allergens are available for investigation together
with mixed allergen screenings.
The following tests are availabe
- ISAC; Mikrochip-basierte IgE-Messung gegen ein Panel vo Tryptase as mast cell specific enzyme in cases of anaphylaxis and mastocytosis (whole/native blood, serum)
- IgG and IgG4 against bee and wasp
- venom as parameter for clinical course with specific immunotherapy (whole blood, serum)
- Specific IgG and IgG4 against various allergens can be detected upon request
- CAP inhibition of bee and wasp venom as well as of other allergen groups upon request, to examine cross-reactivity (whole blood, serum)
- CAST (Cellular Antigen Stimulation Test) in cases of allergies to bee and wasp venom (EDTA blood)
- FlowCast in cases of medication hypersensitivity (EDTA blood)
- ECP (Eosinophil Cationic Protein) for clinical course monitoring of atopic dermatitis, bronchial asthma, and hypereosinophilia (blood withdrawal after consultation with lab)
Publications / Further Information
A WAO - ARIA - GA²LEN consensus document on molecular-based allergy diagnostics.
Canonica GW, Ansotegui IJ, Pawankar R, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, van Hage M, Baena-Cagnani CE et al.
World Allergy Organ J. 2013 Oct 3;6(1):17. doi: 10.1186/1939-4551-6-17.
Value of allergy tests for the diagnosis of food allergy.
Dig Dis. 2014;32(1-2):84-8. doi: 10.1159/000357077. Epub 2014 Feb 28. Review.
Hay fever as a Christmas gift.
Gassner M, Gehrig R, Schmid-Grendelmeier P.
N Engl J Med. 2013 Jan 24;368(4):393-4. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc1214426. Epub 2012 Dec 21. No abstract available.